April 21, 2013

Iced Coffee

Let's be honest! Who doesn't like coffee?

I am especially in love with ice coffee with milk. What can be better than the chill of ice; sweetly bitter of coffee, and the creamy smooth of milk? I don't know what you think but I definitely can't resist it. Sorry wife... I can skip lunch but not my morning coffee. I appreciate how it keeps me awake through my 45-minute commute everyday, and I find myself frequently sipping at my coffee to refresh myself at work.




With that said, you can imagine that I need coffee everyday. I started by visiting the Starbucks next to where I work, but I soon found that it would be much more economical to make coffee at home. So, I spent about 5 minutes to make my own coffee in every morning not until I find a better way to both save money and time. Now I am just less than a minute away from enjoying a sip of coffee.

Nothing is magical here. I just premix a jar of pure coffee and keep it in refrigerator/cooler. That way I always have chilled coffee ready in every morning. I find that instant coffee is as good as the grounded one. I am not a coffee expert and do not wish for the extreme dark and bitter taste.



I also add some sugar just enough to soften the sharp taste.



That black "juice" will then chill out in the refrigerator and wait for me.



And whenever I miss coffee, it is always ready to be served.



A dash of milk will bring everything to the next level... whole milk, 2%, or skimmed milk is your personal reference... but if you are a bad boy like me, don't hesitate to go with half-and-half.



Yes, that glorious brown-white marble drink is what I am addicted to.